Get certified copy of Deed / Lost Property DocumentsUpdated and Published on 14 June, 2020
Have you lost your property documents such as sale deed etc and want to get their certified copy?
How can I get a certified copy of my property deed?
The steps involved in the process of getting Duplicate / Certified copy of document are as follows:
1. Find out the nature of document i.e. whether the lost document was a Sale Deed / Conveyance Deed / Gift Deed / Power of Attorney.
2. Find out the date, month or year in which the document was registered.
3. Call us at 8800418408 and provide the above mentioned details.
4. Our experts will search and trace the documents and provide the Duplicate copy (only for Delhi).
While dealing with sale or purchase of properties, one cannot afford to miss any property related title document such as Sale Deed, Power of Attorney, Conveyance Deed, Agreement to Sell, etc. Even if a single property documents is missing, selling the property or taking a loan from the bank will become a very difficult task.
In such cases, getting a duplicate/certified copy of the lost property papers is the only solution. The certified copy will act as a substitute for the Original Property Papers. One can also obtain an Encumbrance Certificate to ensure that the missing property papers have not been misused by anyone.
It is possible that the original title deed might have been handed over to a person with the intention of mortgaging the property or may have been used as a security for obtaining loan from a bank or for some other transaction such as a sale etc. The original title deed may have been stolen or might have fallen into the wrong hands and, thus, there would be the possibility of a fraudulent transaction being effected by making use of the original title deed. In all these cases, it is the subsequent buyer or purchaser who will suffer. One should obtain an Encumbrance Certificate to ensure that the lost property papers have not been misused.
Parties also need certified copies in case of property related disputes / suits that are pending before the court. Certified true copies can be used as evidence for proving the ownership of properties and the contents of the document when the other party is not presenting the original property documents in the Court.
When an original deed is lost the public may be notified through a newspaper of the loss of the original title deeds and claims may be invited within a specified period. Thereafter, if there are no claims within the specified period, the advocate may issue a certificate to this effect. If the deed is a registered document, then a certified copy of deed can be obtained . The following details are required for getting the copy : Name of Parties, Date of Registration, Registration Particulars etc. If these particulars are missing / not available, it will be difficult to trace the documents and get the certified copy. In such cases, the parties will have to engage the services of professionals who can search and locate the documents.
Generally it is easier to obtain the Certified copies of Book 1 Documents such as Sale Deed, Agreement to Sell, Gift Deed, Conveyance Deed. However, it is difficult to obtain the copies of documents like Will and Power of Attorney because usually, they are available only to the parties to the document.
Our firm has expertise in Searching and getting the Certified Copy of all property documents registered in Delhi in case of loss, theft, misplacement etc.
For any assistance in getting the copy of registered documents in Delhi, you may contact us at +91-8800418408.
Q. Which all documents can be searched and located by your company?
A. Our company can search and locate most types of property documents. We can provide certified copy of Sale Deed, Agreement to Sell, DDA Perpetual Lease Deed, DDA Conveyance Deed, Gift Deed, Partition Deed, Relinquishment Deed, Partition Deed, MCD Mutation Letter, Sanctioned Building Plans, Birth Certificate copy, Death Certificate, etc.
Q. Will I need to be personally go somewhere to obtain the copies?
A. Most documents can be arranged by us without requiring your personal presence at the government registration office. We will obtain the copies of documents and post / courier the same to your address.
Q. How much time does it take for arranging the certified copy of documents?
A. The exact time taken depends on a number of factors namely the type of document, year in which document had been registered, other available deed details etc. Generally, it takes around 7-10 days for obtaining the certified copy.
Q. Do you also search and arrange property documents for submission as evidence in pending court cases / suits // disputes ?
A. Yes, we also provide services for search and discovery of property related documents for production before District Courts and High Courts in property related cases / disputes such as Property attachment, Partition Suit, Family dispute etc.
Q. Can you help in finding and completing the previous chain documents of a property for home loan purpose?
A. Yes, we can definitely help in arranging the chain of previous documents of the property.
Q. I had sold my house in Delhi to someone a few years ago. Now I need to submit the certified copy of sale deed to Income Tax Authorities for Capital Gains Tax calculation. Can you search the deed and provide its copy?. . . . . . .
A. Yes, we can find out the deed and provide the certified copy.
Q. I have applied for a home loan and the Bank is asking for a certified copy of the previous general power of attorney (GPA) and Sale agreement? Can you arrange the same on priority basis?
A. Yes, we can provide the copy of power of attorney in some cases if you provide us the required registration related deed details and ID Proof of the parties.
Q. My property is located in some other state (outside Delhi) , but the documents were registered in the Sub Registrar office, New Delhi. Can you help in getting the duplicate copy of documents?
A. Yes, we can arrange the duplicate copy of document from registration office and send it to you.
Q. I want a copy of the title deeds of my house in Delhi but I am residing outside Delhi / outside India. Will I have to personally visit Delhi to get the documents?
A. No, you need not visit Delhi. We can search and obtain the documents and then deliver the certified copy to your address via courier / post.
Q. I don't know the exact date of registration of my property documents, but I remember the year in which the registered deed was made. Can you find the documents?
A. Yes, do let us know the year of registration. We will try to locate and arrange the certified copy of registration document.
Q. I have applied for a loan against property and the Bank is asking for copy of Mutation Letter issued by DDA and sanctioned building plan from MCD. Can You help in providing these documents?
A. Yes, we can help in arranging the required documents from MCD and DDA.
For any assistance in finding certified copy of deed registered in Delhi, you may contact us at +91-8800418408.
- I need certified copy of old registry.
- I have misplaced my sale deed copy documents which were made in 1981. I have the copy of previous chain but now require the certified copy of sale deed done in my favour. Help me out
- How can I get certify true copy of documents like GPA in delhi
- Please provide me with Registered deed certified copy
- Kindly provide the details of Freehold status and certified copy of relevant papers of the flat. Also, kindly provide details of the change in ownership title/gift deed /transfer of this flat from registration dept.
- how to get certified copy of convence deed from DDA ( INA office )
- I want to retrieve certified copy of my registered conveynce deed set of documents in Delhi.
- i want to know how to get the registration documents of my property which were missing
- Can i get certified copy of my late father's house documents which my brothers and mother are not showing me and now they are selling the house without my signatures.
- I am the owner of land in south Delhi. Pls provide certificate true copy of power of attorney for my land . Stamp paper was purchased before 2000.
- Hello I live in ahmedabad. I have one problem. Sir my power of attorney and other property papers lost . I have made FIR online. No other documents are available. I don't know that it is registered or not. Pls help me how Can I get duplicate property papers?
- Missing original documents. I have made police complaint and filed the FIR at police station.need duplicate DDA land documents for loan from bank.
- Want to retrieve original sale agreement pertaining to 1994 made at sub registrar's office. The original was never received by post. Earlier original documents used to take months or years to be returned back from Registrar's office. Please guide me how to get certified copy from sub registrar online.
- Unable to find Misplaced the stamp documents of our property? Wanted to know how much service charge or fee i will have to pay for new or duplicate documents. I can give the registered deed details.
- Hi, I need Duplicate documents from DDA for my property which is already freehold conveyance Deed etc.
- How to get duplicate sale deed of my house from registrar office.
- I have received a notice from Income Tax Department for Payment of TDS on sale consideration and hence need the sale deed certified copy.
- I need to apply and retrieve copies of society flat documents which is owned by my father. Request you to help me asap
- I have lost original land documents. I have copy of the FIR lodged with police station. So I want to get duplicate land registration document online.
- My Father has lost his partnership deed documents Now he need copy of his document..Pls call me and solve my problem
- I want certified copy of Lease Deed in respect of property of Ramesh Nagar, New Delhi 110015 Registered with sub registrar
- To obtain certified copy of Gift deed in the year 1995
- Please tell me how to get copy of document in register office online?
- Complete property chain document and conveyance deed from dda required by buyer's and bank person. Please help.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. The use of this web site, and the sending or receipt of information does not create an attorney-client relationship. By using this website you agree that there has been no advertisement, solicitation, invitation or inducement of any sort whatsoever from us to solicit any work through this website. All rights reserved.
Areas / Locations Covered - Rani Bagh, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, Sarvapriya Vihar, Preet Vihar, Sunder Nagar, Rajendra Place, Naraina, East of Kailash, Nizamuddin East, Lodhi Colony, Malviya Nagar, Daryaganj, Gulmohar Park, Ring Road, Vasant Kunj, Safdarjang Enclave, Pusa Road, Shanti Niketan, Green Park Extn., Rajinder Nagar, RK Puram, NRI Colony, India, Saket, Pitampura, Sukhdev Vihar, Rajouri Garden, Dwarka, Mohan Cooperative Industrial Area, Alaknanda, Anand Vihar, Builder Floor, Flats, Punjabi Bagh, Vasant Vihar, Sarvodaya Enclave, Defence Colony, Shalimar Bagh, Ashok vihar, Friends Colony, Maharani Bagh, Anand Niketan, Civil Lines, Barakhamba Road, Uday Park, Connaught Place, Chittranjan Park, Lajpat Nagar, Hauz Khas, Panchsheel Enclave, Paschim Vihar, South Extension (NDSE), Mayapuri, Karol Bagh, Vasant Vihar, Greater Kailash,Kalkaji, okhla industrial estate, state government, India, law, registration, lawyer, close, affidavit, legal registration fee, registration services