NRI Property Services
We offer specialized Legal and Property Related Services to Non Resident Indians (NRI s) in relation to their immoveable properties located in Delhi, India.
We take care of the special needs of NRIs and know the importance and value of their time. We always strive to get their work done in the least time and in a hassle free manner. Most of the services provided by us, do not even require their presence in India. Our professionals handle the work on their behalf. We ensure that our clients are guided correctly and are not harassed by the government officials.
We have been working in this field since 1967 and therefore possess expertise and rich experience in Legal Drafting and Registration of Documents as well as Freehold Conversion and Mutation of Properties in Delhi Development Authority ( DDA ), Municipal Corporation of Delhi ( MCD ) and Land and Development Office ( L&DO ) in Delhi.
We have been handling the work of many NRI clients from United States of America, United Kingdom, Canada, UAE etc on a regular basis.
For availing any NRI service, you may contact us at +91-8800418408 (India).
We provide the following services to our clients :-
Drafting and Registration of the following Legal Documents at Sub Registrar Office in Delhi:
- Sale Deed
- Lease Agreement / Rent Deed
- Leave and License Agreement
- Agreement to Sell
- Power of Attorney
- Gift Deed
- Conveyance Deed
- Assignment of Lease
- Transfer of Lease
- Collaboration/Builder Agreement
- Mortgage Deed
- Partnership Deed
- Trust Deed
- Adoption Deed
- Will and Codicil
- Relinquishment Deed
- Partition Deed
- Family Settlement Deed
- Release Deed
- Disclaimer Deed
- Rectification Deed
- Non Disclosure Agreements
- Certified Copies of Documents
- Other Legal Documents
Currently, there are 18 Sub-Registrar Offices in Delhi, where the above mentioned documents are required to be registered. We have arrangements for the registration of the Documents across all the Sub-Registrar Offices in Delhi.
In addition, we also provide the following property services to NRIs:
- Stamping, Registration of Power of Attorney executed abroad notarised / attested by a Notary Public, Indian Consulate, High Commission, Indian Embassy for the registration of any deed or document in the Sub Registrar Office in Delhi
- Conversion of Property from Leasehold to Freehold in Delhi Development Authority (DDA) and Land and Development Office (L&DO), in just one visit to India.
- Mutation/Substitution of Name of the owner in the records of Delhi Development Authority (DDA), Land and Development Office(L&DO), Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) and New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC), without requiring your presence in India.
- Registration of Trusts and Societies.
- Ancestral real estate & inheritance advisory
- Family Settlements & Partition Deed
- Apostilization & attestation of documents
- Registration of Trademarks, Copyrights etc.
- Representation on behalf of the Vendor/Vendee in a property sale/purchase transaction.
- Registration of Lease Deeds / Rental Agreement
- Taking care of all the legal aspects in a Property Sale/Purchase Transaction.
- Obtaining Certified Copies of Documents
- Property Due Diligence
- Title Search Reports / Non-Encumbrance Certificate
For any Property related NRI service, you may contact us at +91-8800418408 (India).
Some Important Points for NRIs
- NRIs and PIOs may acquire any immovable property for residential/commercial purposes in India, other than agricultural/plantation/farm house, without the permission of Reserve Bank of India.
- No declaration is required to be made to the RBI. Only information regarding details of the property and costs incurred should be given to the RBI. This will help at the time of repatriation.
- No permission from the RBI is required to transfer any immovable property other than the agricultural land or plantation property or a farm house in India by way of sale to a person resident in India.
- The lock-in period of 3 years has been done away with.
- NRI/PIO is permitted to transfer by way of mortgage his residential commercial property in India to an authorized dealer/housing finance institution in India..
- NRI/PIO can avail housing loan in rupees from an authorized dealer or housing finance institution in India approved by the National Housing Finance Bank for purchase of residential accommodation or for the purpose of repairs/renovation/improvement of residential accommodation, subject to certain terms and conditions.
- Sale proceeds of residential/commercial property received by way of gift by NRI/PIO can only be credited to NRO account.
- The non-resident Indians who are staying abroad may enter into an agreement through their relatives and/or by executing the Power of Attorney in their favour as it is not possible for them to be present for completing the formalities of purchase (negotiating with the builder or Developer, drafting and signing of agreements, taking possession of flats, apartments, etc.) These formalities can be completed through some known person who can be given the Power of Attorney for this purpose. Power of Attorney should be executed on the stamp paper before the proper authorities in foreign countries. Power of Attorney cannot be drafted on the stamp paper bought in India.
- Residential property can be given on rent if not required for immediate residential use. Rental income cannot be remitted abroad and will have to be credited to the ordinary non-resident rupee account of the owner of the property.
- No tax has to be paid while purchasing property.
- Certain taxes have to be paid when selling property. If NRI/PIO has held property for less than 3 years then he would have to pay 30% tax. If property has been held for more than 3 years, then tax payable is 20%. Tax is payable on rental income too.
- At the time of renting out property or repatriation, PAN card is required.
For any property service, you may contact us at +91-8800418408 (India).
Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. The use of this web site, and the sending or receipt of information does not create an attorney-client relationship. By using this website you agree that there has been no advertisement, solicitation, invitation or inducement of any sort whatsoever from us to solicit any work through this website.
Tags: Indian consulate, high commission, indian embassy in USA, United States, Melbourne, Sydney, Victoria, New South Wales, Toronto, Ontario, Spain, London, California, Texas, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, United arab emirates, UAE, France, Germany, Malaysia, Hong kong, India, Indonesia, Canada, Singapore, United Kingdom, UK, Australia,
Nagar, Enclave, South Delhi, Colony, Sale Deed, Rent, Lease Agreement, Gift, Vihar, East, Place, West, Advocate, Solicitor, Bagh, Kunj, Lawyer, Park, Road, Garden, Pur, Extension, Ganj, Block, New , Old, Nagar, Colony, Extn., NRI property, property services